What Are Athletics Networks?
Athletics Networks are clusters of athletics clubs and running clubs working strategically with other local key partners to develop the sport of athletics in their local area.
Athletics Networks will seek to drive up the quality of coaching, links with community groups such as schools, competition in clubs and also seek to develop the all round quality of provision within clubs in the network.
The Essex Athletics Network was officially launched on Saturday 23rd October 2010.
The ethos behind Athletics Networks is all about working in partnership.
What Athletics Networks work to achieve
- To grow and sustain participation levels in the sport
- To improve the quality of experience for all participants
- To improve levels of athlete performance
- To lay the foundations for the next generation of champions
- To establish sustainable club environments
The Essex Athletics Network was awarded the Network of the Year, at the
England Athletics National Awards 2013.